Creamy Mixed Mushroom Soup is packed with a favorite superfood - mushrooms! Flavorful and seasoned just right, this simple soup will have people coming back for more.
A bunch of us food bloggers are making recipes for her and for you while she is recuperating. My day has finally arrived and I am happy to be meeting all of you. I have the blog Vegan in the Freezer where I offer recipes that can be eaten now or frozen and enjoyed later.
Lauren and I have become friends via the internet over a few years now. Always smiles and sharing good food during our communications. From the looks of her blog over the last few weeks she has been creating wonderful relationships with many bloggers. The variety of recipes from others have been really fun to see and I really appreciate the chance to grace her pages.
Here is my healthy offering and it might just get you craving a nice big bowl of Creamy Mixed Mushroom Soup.
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter for sauteing
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces button mushrooms
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy butter for adding later in the recipe
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can 13.5 oz. coconut cream that is full fat usually 17% to 22%
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme or 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a skillet and heat to medium high.
- Turn down to medium and saute the onion for about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until their liquid is cooked out of them. About another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon and the flour.
- Cook 3 minutes until the raw taste of the flour is gone.
- Add the broth.
- Bring to medium high - stirring once in a while to a mild boil.
- Do not let burn.
- Turn down the heat to medium and add the coconut milk.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the seasonings.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes. If you try to blend hot ingredients in a blender they will explode everywhere.
- Add one third to half of the soup mixture to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Continue with the rest of the mushroom mixture until all is creamy.
- If serving now add to a large pan and heat through and serve.
- Garnish with black pepper, scallion slices and croutons.
- You can also refrigerate for a couple of days.
You will love Ginny's recipes, vegan or not. Please go show her some love over on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Thanks again!
Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella)
What a tasty soup! I love mushrooms and love the combination of them in this recipe. Mmm.
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet
I love mushroom-based soups and this dairy-free version sounds delicious!
Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Oh, this looks incredible and I love that it's so creamy without any added dairy. Looks like it's packed with flavor, too.
The Food Hunter
mushroom soup with coconut cream...this is drool worthy
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
How nice of you to pitch in and help! This soup sounds like something right up my alley! I love mushrooms and really like how you've kept this dairy-free and looking so creamy! Lovely!
You had me at vegan! This looks SO creamy.
Allison - Celebrating Sweets
I love mushroom soup! This version sounds great. I like the combination of mushrooms. Yum!
Katie | Healthy Seasonal Recipes
I love mushrooms too! And I bet they are amazing with the coconut cream! What a combo!
Yum! This looks so delicious!