This Slow Cooker Crispy Chocolate Candy is super easy, healthy and insanely delicious candy that only have 4 ingredients, made in your slow cooker!
'Tis the season for all of those holiday goodies!
Chocolate Chocolate and More has a delicious crockpot candy recipe and I was intrigued.
Making this candy in my slow cooker frees up my oven for all of those cookies and gingerbread to bake! I decided to make these a little healthier (and crispier!) and I am in love.
I've made them for friends and two holiday parties already and they were a huge hit. Aren't we all trying to simplify as much as we can during the holidays?
I know I am, for sure.
I like bringing healthier treats to parties and gatherings so I know I am able to eat at least one treat guilt free.
All of these would be even more delicious with Apple Chai Latte or Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate. Or if you feel like a cocktail, you can try this Spiked Apple Cider, Slow Cooker Mulled Wine or Skinny Peppermint Eggnog!
Why You Should Make This Crispy Chocolate Candy
The possibilities are endless with this slow cooker crispy chocolate candy. And these are totally customizable.
Use whatever nuts you like, whatever kind of chocolate you like, make them however you'd like. You can use whatever chocolate you'd like.
They all taste delicious. I personally love the mixture of dark and milk chocolate together.
I have used all different types of nuts (basically whatever I have in my house) and I have made them with and without the crispy rice. You can add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and chia seed and I loved all of the different textures.
I have also added dried fruit which many people loved very much.
Me, personally, I don't love chocolate with fruit so that's not my favorite.
This crispy chocolate candy makes wonderful holiday gifts. I customize them for friends and family that might have food allergies or dietary restrictions.
You can easily erap them up in fancy holiday wrappings to make them look even prettier.
- Almonds - I use whole, raw almonds in this candy. Like I said above, you can use whatever nuts you have in the house.
- Crispy brown rice cereal - I use this one because it's organic, very low in sugar and all wholesome ingredients.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips - You can also use milk chocolate chips here too.
- Dark chocolate chips - I use the sugar free variety in this candy recipe.
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
When I make them for me I use Lily's Chocolate Chips. When I make them for my family I usually use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips and they are vegan, gluten free and dairy free but still taste delicious.
Of course you can, I do it all the time. I wrap them in parchment paper and place them in an airtight container and freeze them. I will eat them straight out of the freezer. Even if I break a tooth or two 😉
Yes, you simply add all of the ingredients to a sauce pan on low heat for about 10 minutes, making sure to stir continuously to prevent burning or sticking to the sauce pan.
Chocolate Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Gluten Free Holiday Sugar Cut Out Cookies from Fit Foodie Finds
Keto Italian Christmas Cookies from All Day I Dream About Food
Mini Mint Chocolate Cheesecakes from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Slow Cooker Crispy Chocolate Almond Candy
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- 1 ¾ cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 10 ounces vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips can also use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces vegan dark chocolate chips can also use regular dark chocolate chips
- sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Place on low setting and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from slow cooker and stir again.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and and drop onto spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each one with sea salt.
- Leave at room temperature to harden then place in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- These also freeze really well!