Refreshing and lightly sweet, this is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day!
Slushes are my favorite way to cook off these days. These are so simple to make and it's super pretty too. I love the combination of blackberries and basil. Only one of my kids didn't love the basil flavor so I made it again with only half of the recommended amount. My thoughts on that? Use even more! Full disclosure though, I adore fresh basil.
Just saying, feel free to add some vodka in these babies for an adult beverage. Right??? And there are lots of antioxidants in the blackberries so it's still healthy!
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil minced
- ½ teaspoon stevia optional
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in high speed blender and process until fairly smooth, but still has texture of slush.
- Garnish with additional basil if desired.