I love crepes and how versatile they are. I made these with gluten free flours and dairy free milk so you can enjoy these guilt-free! Get creative with them!
My love affair with crepes started in France. I visited for the first time with my girlfriend many years ago and was not a fan of the food there (don’t judge me). I liked the wine, croissants and the crepes, but that’s about it. I don’t love cheese like most people and there is so much cheese in France! Anyway, crepes saved me from starving (slight exaggeration). I was always too intimidated to make them myself though, even after my trip to France.
When I began creating recipes for my first cookbook, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook, I knew I had to create a gluten and wheat-free crepe. Why not? What was I afraid of? Absolutely nothing, it turns out. They are so crazy easy to make!
Go ahead, make these however you want! Make them sweet with a little fruit and yogurt, or savory with cheese and veggies. This is a basic recipe that you can entirely make your own.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sugar optional
- 1 tablespoon butter more as needed
- In a food processor, add the eggs, milk, and salt and process until blended.
- With the motor on low, slowly add the flours, stopping occasionally to scare down the sides.
- Add the sugar if using, omit if you are making savory crepes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Pour in batter by the half cupful into the hot pan. Tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook the crepes, turning until slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place crepes on waxed paper and sprinkle with a bit more flour to prevent them from sticking.
- When the crepes are done, fill them right away or store them in the refrigerator or freezer to use later.
How do you like your crepes, sweet or savory?