These Coconut Maple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are so healthy, highly addictive and will make your house smell amazing!
I never understood why people would throw out the pumpkin seeds when carving a jack-o-lantern. Pumpkin seeds are filled with crucial vitamins and minerals, as well as a good deal of protein.
These roasted pumpkin seeds are so delicious and easy to roast, this is the recipe you need to try. Every year I love to keep these in my house for a convenient snack.
if you are looking for some more healthy pumpkin recipes, you will love these No Bake Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes, Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Scones Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust and definitely these No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars!
These roasted pumpkin seeds are so customizable and can be made so many different ways. You can also add some sunflower seeds, use a sugar free sweetener instead of maple syrup or even add some drizzled sunflower seed butter and mix it in.
Make sure not to overtake these seeds because if you don't continue to stir they could burn easily. Stirring them every 10 minutes or so makes sure they are evenly coated and moving around.
5 Minute No Bake Pumpkin Mousse from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins from Lovely Little Kitchen
Slow Cooker Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Bars from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Pumpkin Bread from Sally's Baking Addiction
Coconut Maple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sugar free sweetener of your choice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Scoop out the seeds of a pumpkin. Place seeds in a large bowl, rinse out the pulp and strings. Wait for pumpkin seeds to rise to the top and place in colander to rinse off extra pumpkin pulp.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place coconut oil in large saucepan and melt. Add pumpkin seeds and constantly stir for about 10 minutes until light brown. *Stirring is necessary to prevent burning*
- Remove the seeds from heat. Add maple syrup, cinnamon and shredded coconut. Mix well until thoroughly coated.
- Place pumpkin seeds on baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes making sure to stir every 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.