This is for all of those people that think it’s hard to stay hydrated on those long, hot days of summer.
I hope you are enjoying your summer! My oldest plays travel baseball which is so much fun, but also a huge commitment. It’s a good thing he loves to play and we all love to watch him. The younger two also play summer baseball which keeps us busy as well. I will be posting less recipes since my little guys are keeping me busy. Between swim lessons, baseball and work… I can barely cook as much as I’d like to. Good thing this recipe is so incredibly easy to make that not too much time is needed. Summer is always so busy and the days seem to fly by!
- 1 personal sized watermelon, cubed (approximately 2 cups)
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cups of ice
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup vodka (optional)
- Slice a small, personal sized watermelon is half and spoon out watermelon.
- Put watermelon and lime juice into blender and process on medium. It will turn to liquid very quickly.
- Add ice. Less ice will make it more liquid-y, more ice will make it thicker.
- Add mint and vodka (if using) and blend again until desired consistency.
- Pour and serve with more fresh mint. Enjoy!
How adorable are these little personal sized watermelons? When I saw them at Trader Joe’s I knew they would make the cutest little bowl/cup for this slush! And you can make them as a cocktail for the adults or without the alcohol for kids or anyone else. Either way they are super delicious and refreshing. And no added sugar is necessary. These drinks are healthy, low calorie and have the cutest presentation ever! They are great for parties and cook outs and the kids love drinking out of the watermelon “cups”!
And you can either make these in the cute watermelon bowls or a plain glass. No judgment here.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! CHEERS!