This 3-5 Day Jump Start To Clean Eating is so simple to follow and I promise you will feel so much better when you are done. Customize this jump start to fit your lifestyle and still see results.
It's time to JUMP START! Are you ready?
I get asked all the time about cleanses and detoxes these days. It seems like most people are looking for the latest "quick fix".
I get it. People want results. And they want them NOW!
As I have said, in order to live healthy and maintain a healthy weight, you need to do one thing...CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE!!!
Personally, I don't believe in restricting certain food groups or severely cutting back on calories to lose weight. I wish it could be as easy as "Eat when you are hungry" and "Stop when you are full", everyone out there would be happy with their bodies!!
Instead of drinking cleanses and taking "detox" pills, why not eat only clean, unprocessed foods and no added sugar for 3-5 days to give yourself a Jump Start to clean eating?
My Naturally Flavored Water, Apple Chai Latte (with no sweetener), Easy Balsamic Chicken and Green Tea Latte (with no sweetener) are all Jump Start approved.
If you follow these steps, I promise you will feel lighter and healthier in just a few days. This is a very flexible plan and can be customized to whatever suits your needs.
How To Do The 3-5 Jump Start to Clean Eating
- Start each morning with hot water and ½ fresh squeezed lemon (must be on empty stomach to flush out toxins). I do not recommend doing this every day since the acid in the lemon can cause erosion on your teeth. Just do this while participating in the Jump Start.
- 1 cup black coffee (or only unsweetened almond or coconut milk added) or plain green tea.
- 1 gallon of water a day which you can add lemon, mint or ginger to, check out my Naturally Flavored Waters for some ideas to jazz up your water routine.
- No dairy (except plain greek yogurt) If you choose to have milk in your smoothies or oatmeal, please use unsweetened almond milk or another unsweetened dairy-free milk.
- No bread/pasta/rice. Cut out starches and complex carbohydrates. only quinoa or rolled/steel cut oats and 1-2 servings a day
- Opt for 2 "juices*" a day if you want to juice, otherwise load up on fresh raw veggies. No more than 2-3 fruits each day * juices are only homemade with fresh veggies and fruit
- No sugar at all (besides the fruit). Yes, I am looking at you, coffee drinkers!
- No soda/diet soda at all (seltzer is ok but may cause bloating).
Tips for Doing the 3-5 Day Jump Start to Clean Eating
- If you want to do vegetarian, load up on raw or steamed beans (mix with raw veggies and lime juice)
- If you aren't doing vegetarian, choose only lean white meats and fish and either steam, grill or bake. Herbs, garlic, lemon, lime (even fresh orange) are great to season with.
- Eggs are great, only 1 whole egg per day, egg whites are unlimited. There is absolutely nothing wrong with yolks, they contain healthy fats, protein and nutrients. I am just trying to keep a low fat diet here.
- All nuts are great. Make sure they are raw and unsalted. Also, no more than 14 nuts per serving, 2 servings a day.
- 1 scoop of vegan or high quality protein powder per day in smoothies etc. I use a brown rice power by Sunwarrior which I love.
- Make sure you get between 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Now, I know those who have kids, sometimes kids don't get the memo. To conclude, try your best by going to bed early each night and try to avoid your electronics for at least a half hour before bed!
Grocery List for 3-5 Day Jump Start to Clean Eating
- Lemons- As a matter of fact, they help detox and also may aid in digestion. Lemons are packed with Vitamin C and potassium.
- Eggs - To me eggs are the most perfectly well-balanced nutritious food. They are loaded with protein, healthy fats and nutrients.
- Lean white meats and fish - Chicken and turkey breast, pork, flounder, sole or cod.
- Plain Greek yogurts - Read your labels to make sure there is no added sugar in your Greek yogurt. The ingredients should only say milk (cream) and some added probiotics.
- Fruits - I like all types of berries the best as they are lowest in sugar.
- Green tea - You guys know I despise coffee and love my tea. Green tea especially is loaded with antioxidants that have shown to help improve your immune system.
- Vegetables, lots of them. If you are planning to juice: spinach, kale and other leafy greens, beets, carrots, celery, cucumbers, asparagus are wonderful. You can always add one of your fruits to sweeten it up if you'd like.
- Chia seeds (whole)
- Flax seed meal or ground flax seed
- Herbs for chicken and fish
- Mint or ginger to liven up your water or for juicing
Additionally, besides flushing out your system with all the water, you are only eating unprocessed foods, which you will feel lighter and should give you more energy.
This is a great way to focus on whole foods and add tons of vitamins and nutrients to your diet.
Here are some JUMP START friendly recipes:
Balsamic Glazed Green Beans with Cranberries and Almonds
Veggie Crustless Quiche (minus the cheese)
Apple Pie Overnight Oats (without any sweetener)
Cranberry Apple Salad with Chia Balsamic Vinaigrette
Please feel free to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram! Thanks for stopping by!
thank you for sharing this content, it was really use full.
keep doing it
Thanks so much!
A jump start wouldn't hurt every morning