Light, simple to make and loaded with protein, this Veggie Crustless Quiche is a must make for your next brunch!
I am always looking for easy, nutritious breakfast recipes that I can make and have prepared for those busy mornings. I don't always have an extra half hour or so in the morning to make a healthy dish.
Sundays are typically my meal prep days where I make a bunch of different healthy meals and snacks to help keep me on track. Crustless quiches are in my regular rotation beacuse they are so easy to make!
If you are looking for some more healthy crustless quiche recipes, you will love this Asparagus Bacon Feta Crustless Quiche and this Mushroom Gruyere Crustless Quiche. All of these would be even more delicious with this Apple Chai Latte, Chamomile Latte and my Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate!
Why You Should Make This Veggie Crustless Quiche
This crustless quiche is one of my favorite go-to breakfasts. It is so easy and I love the fact that you can make it on a Sunday and have breakfast ready for the week.
When I come home and I am absolutely starving, I simply reheat this and it helps prevent me from mindless eating. The truth is, it's so easy to make you can make it any time of the day.
This delicious dish is packed with proteins and low in carbohydrates. One serving is less than 150 calories, 4 grams of carbs and 0 grams of protein.
I made this with organic spinach, organic grape tomatoes and mushrooms, but feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand. Protein packed breakfasts help keep you full longer, and you are also getting 2 servings of veggies!
You can add bacon, breakfast sausage or even chicken for even more protein. The possibilities are endless with this crustless quiche.
I have also added instructions to make these into individually portion controlled egg bites. Just as simple to make and bite sized.
Crustless Quiche from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
Quiche Lorraine from Skinnytaste
Low Carb Eggs Benedict Quiche from All Day I Dream About Food
Asparagus Goat Cheese Quiche from Kristine's Kitchen
Veggie Crustless Quiche
- 6 large eggs to cut back on cholesterol and fat you can also use 6 eggs whites and 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 15 ounces mushrooms chopped, I use Baby Bella
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a 9 inch pie pan or 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (You can use cupcake liners for easy clean up).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes and continue cooking until veggies have wilted.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, thyme, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan or muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.* I do not like wet eggs and so I prefer to cook and an extra 5 minutes or so until light brown around edges and top.