If you are looking for a new healthy quiche recipe, I have a delicious one for you! This Asparagus Bacon Feta Crustless Quiche has tons of flavor without all of the carbs.
Crustless quiches are packed with protein, low carb and naturally gluten-free. I only used 3 slices of bacon in this entire quiche. Just enough to give it that awesome bacon flavor.
I have had several people tell me that they love using turkey bacon in this quiche. Go for it, use whatever you like and whatever you have in the house.
You can certainly add more if you’d like (and I totally get why you’d want to). The same goes for the cheese.
I just used a little for taste ( and I’m not a huge cheese lover) but you can certainly add more or even omit it entirely.
And the truth is the you are really hungry and you already have a nutritious meal prepared for you, it prevents you from eating everything in front of you. Or your kids’ grilled cheese crusts or scraps from your husband.
You get the idea.
It just makes life easier. And I am all for that.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 6 egg whites beaten
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 pound asparagus edges trimmed and chopped
- 3 slices nitrate free bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie pan or 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray ( I like to use cupcake liners).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in asparagus and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until bright green and crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add asparagus and bacon and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan or muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.* I do not like wet eggs and so I prefer to cook and an extra 5 minutes or so until light brown around edges and top.
The beauty of this quiche is that you can use whatever vegetables or cheese you have on hand. Just don’t leave out the bacon!
I make crustless quiches when I go to a brunch or breakfast so I know I am guaranteed to have one healthy dish. And the best part is, it’s always the first dish to be finished! Apparently no one misses the crust! 🙂
But these crustless quiches are not just for fancy brunches or parties. I make them almost weekly on my meal prep day so I have a healthy breakfast for the week.
I always try to mix it up with different veggies (broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, cauliflower rice, spinach and other leafy greens) and various cheese (sharp cheddar, feta, mozzarella and Monterrey jack are my favorites) which helps me to not become bored when I eat it every single week.
Asparagus is my favorite spring vegetable. What vegetable would you like to add to your crustless quiche?
If you made this or any of my other crustless quiches please come back and let me know. You guys know I love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by! Please come back again soon.