This Asparagus Bacon Feta Crustless Quiche has tons of flavor without all of the carbs. It's simple to make healthy and delicious.
Crustless quiches are kind of my go-to meal when I want to lighten up or clean up my diet. They are perfect for any meal and this one is no exception.
Crustless quiches are packed with protein, low carb and naturally gluten-free. I only used 3 slices of bacon in this entire quiche. Just enough to give it that awesome bacon flavor.
I like to make this crustless quiche on my meal prep days, slice it into 8 pieces and then I have breakfast or a snack for the week.
Here are some other crustless quiche recipes I have that you might be interested in, Veggie Crustless Quiche and Mushroom and Artichoke Gruyere Crustless Quiche. All of these are low carb, simple to make, delicious and extremely customizable.
Why You Should Make This Crustless Quiche
The beauty of this quiche is that you can use whatever vegetables or cheese you have on hand. Just don't leave out the bacon!
I make a crustless quiche when I go to a brunch or breakfast so I know I am guaranteed to have one healthy dish. And the best part is, it's always the first dish to be finished! Apparently no one misses the crust! 🙂
But these crustless quiches are not just for fancy brunches or parties. I make them almost weekly on my meal prep day so I have a healthy breakfast for the week.
I have had several people tell me that they love using turkey bacon in this quiche. Go for it, use what you like and whatever you have in the house.
You can certainly add more bacon if you'd like (and I totally understand why you'd want to). The same goes for the cheese.
I just used a little Feta for taste ( and I'm not a huge cheese lover) but you can certainly add more or even omit it entirely. Remember this crustless quiche can be customized any way you like it.
I always try to mix it up with different veggies (broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, cauliflower rice, spinach and other leafy greens) and various cheese (sharp cheddar, feta, mozzarella and Monterrey jack are my favorites) which helps me to not become bored when I eat it every single week.
And the truth is the you are really hungry and you already have a nutritious meal prepared for you, it prevents you from eating everything in front of you. Or your kids' grilled cheese crusts or scraps from your husband.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Breakfast Burritos from Once Upon a Chef
The Perfect Quiche from Sally's Baking Addiction
Sautéed Breakfast Salad from Eating Bird Food
Please feel free to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram! Thanks for stopping by!
Asparagus Bacon Feta Crustless Quiche
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 6 egg whites beaten
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 pound asparagus edges trimmed and chopped
- 3 slices nitrate free bacon cooked and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sweet basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie pan or 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray ( I like to use cupcake liners).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in asparagus and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until bright green and crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add asparagus and bacon and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan or muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.* I do not like wet eggs and so I prefer to cook and an extra 5 minutes or so until light brown around edges and top.
Great recipe for lunch or dinner. Really any of your favorite veggies work. And the feta, yum! Thanks!
Yes! So happy you liked it!
Thank you so much for the recipe! I used turkey bacon and it turned out amazing!
That sounds delicious!
This recipe came out perfectly!! It was so easy to whip up and my whole family loved it. The flavors from the feta, bacon and asparagus were so delicious!
Great to hear, Taylor!