My obsession with overnight oats continues…now with lots of chocolate and coconut cream!
I can’t stop making these overnight oats. I love trying new recipes and flavors out. Overnight oats are so versatile and I love the fact that they take minutes to prepare.
I usually make 4 or 5 at a time to make my life easier in the mornings. And on the mornings that I go for a run I eat them AFTER my run so I have something to look forward to. No, that wasn’t a joke.
I am not a fan of coconut so I didn’t add the optional shredded coconut topping. I love coconut cream since it’s vegan and has a wonderful, creamy texture, I just don’t love a strong coconut taste.
But by all means, add your shredded coconut! Just try to get the unsweetened kind. I think there is plenty of sweetness with the maple syrup and chocolate chips (of course!)
I use the sugar free chocolate chips that are sweetened with stevia. They taste just as good and they are a great way to lower the sugar.
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- unsweetened shredded coconut for topping
- Place all of the ingredients in a mason jar or an airtight container with a lid. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Top with extra chia seeds and chocolate chips if desired.
- * I took out half of the oats, added some chocolate chips to the middle and layered remaining oats on top.
So why do I love these overnight oats so much? Let’s put aside the fast that they are insanely delicious and I love the texture.
But they are also super healthy too! They are packed with protein and fiber that help keep you full, and they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan too (for all of my allergy friends).
If you haven’t already, try them! I bet you love them as much as I do. And if you don’t like the fact that your oats are cold (you literally take them out of the refrigerator and eat them!) then simply warm them up for a few minutes. Then come back and thank me 🙂