This Creamy Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats recipe takes minutes to make and is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. My obsession with these oats continues…now with lots of chocolate and coconut cream!
I can't stop making these oats. I love trying new recipes and flavors out and sharing them with you. These are so versatile and I love the fact that they only take minutes to prepare.
I usually make 4 or 5 at a time to make my life easier in the mornings. And on the mornings that I go for a run I eat them AFTER my run so I have something to look forward to.
If you are looking for more recipes, you will love these Gingerbread Chocolate Overnight Oats, Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats, Apple Pie Overnight Oats and this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Overnight Oats! These would all be evermore yummy with some Apple Chai Latte or some Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate!
Why You Should Make These Overnight Oats
So why do I love these oats so much? Let's put aside the fast that they are insanely delicious and I love the texture.
But they are also super healthy too! They are packed with protein and fiber that help keep you full, and they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan too (for all of my allergy friends).
If you haven't already, try them! I bet you love them as much as I do.
And if you don't like the fact that your oats are cold (you literally take them out of the refrigerator and eat them!) then simply warm them up for a few minutes. Then come back and thank me 🙂
Recipe Tips and Ideas
I am not a fan of coconut so I didn't add the optional shredded coconut topping. I love coconut cream since it's vegan and has a wonderful, creamy texture, I just don't love a strong coconut taste.
But by all means, add your shredded coconut! Just try to get the unsweetened kind. I think there is plenty of sweetness with the maple syrup and chocolate chips (of course!)
I use the sugar free chocolate chips that are sweetened with stevia. They taste just as good and they are a great way to lower the sugar.
No Cook Oats from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats from The Minimalist Baker
Chocolate Overnight Oats from Chocolate Covered Katie
Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats from Eating Bird Food
Creamy Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- unsweetened shredded coconut for topping
- Place all of the ingredients in a mason jar or an airtight container with a lid. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Top with extra chia seeds and chocolate chips if desired.
- * I took out half of the oats, added some chocolate chips to the middle and layered remaining oats on top.