I've had a love affair for over a year now that I have not shared with you. I never even thought to post it on my blog because it's just one of those "thrown together" vegan recipes. Wait, let me clarify, it's one of those ridiculously amazing thrown together vegan recipes. This is one of those breakfast recipes that are so easy to make, you will want to make every single day. And maybe eat it again for dessert. Since it's so healthy, you can totally do that… with no guilt.
I have been eating this for a while and it wasn't until I posted a picture of one on Instagram that people were asking for my recipe. I eat this after my workout. It's the perfect balance of carbs and protein to help for recovery. These oats help keep me full for a while too. I can't even tell you how much I love this. Is it weird that I think about it a good part of my workout? Don't judge.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup almond milk or milk of choice I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt omit if you want it to be vegan
- 1 scoop protein powder I use Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Protein
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- fruit of choice
- 1 tablespoon nuts of choice for topping
- Place all of the ingredients except nuts in a mason jar or an airtight container with a lid. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with extra chia seeds and nuts if desired.
- Eat immediately!
Yes, I know I wrote to refrigerate this overnight. But truly the oats soften after a couple of hours. And if you are impatient like me, you can eat them right away. Just saying. ENJOY!
Lauren my daughter started following you recently and we have been having overnight oats a lot! Saves time, is delicious, and so many options 🙂