These quesadillas are incredibly delicious. The combination of flavors make these feel much more fancy than they actually are.
I am always on the hunt for easy meals for lunch and especially those busy weeknights. Quesadillas are one of those dishes that everyone likes and I enjoy exploring different options. I wanted to keep these vegan, but also wanted to add protein. I thought quinoa would be a perfect addition to these babies. And I was right.
Added bonus: These taste just as delicious heated up the next day. I love having leftovers for lunch.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 1 cup black beans rinsed
- 4 to rtillas I used 6 inch whole grain vegan tortillas
- cilantro for topping
- Mix the spinach, garlic and onions in a large skillet over medium heat until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add quinoa, squash and beans. Mix well.
- Place tortillas on skillet or griddle prepared with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Place spinach/bean mixture on half of the tortilla.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown, making sure to flip over to cook evenly. *Delicately flip over so all of the ingredients don't fall out and all over the place.
- Remove from heat and slice in half. Serve immediately.
I’ve made these quesadillas a few times. I added cheddar cheese one time (which obviously wouldn’t make them vegan anymore) and made them another time with shredded chicken for my husband (you gotta love rotisserie chicken!) They all came out great! The first time I made it, I flipped the quesadilla in the skillet and all of the quinoa, beans and squash fell out all over the place. What a mess! I realized after that I can’t flip them like pancakes and need to be more delicate. Jeez. Lesson learned!
Have a great day!
Serving Size 1 wedge
Amount Per Serving
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6.1g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 76.9g
Dietary Fiber 14.8g
*Nutritional information not 100% guaranteed, provided by www.caloriecount.com