This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These cookies are not only healthy, but they are crispy and delicious too.
These cookies are made with all natural ingredients, but taste delicious at the same time. My kids could not get enough of these! These are one of my favorite treats when I want something sweet but want to still eat healthy and clean.
I made these for a friend whose family is dairy free due to dairy intolerance. Those who suffer from this experience gas, bloating, pain and cramps in the lower stomach and maybe even vomiting. Adapting to a dairy free lifestyle may require some extra work, but can be quite manageable once you change your eating habits. I wanted to show them that you can still eat healthy (and dairy free) and still eat yummy treats!!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Clean Eating Magazine
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, sucanat or other unrefined sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup ground flax or flax meal
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet chocolate chips that are Dairy, Nut, Soy and Gluten Free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
Oh and these freeze really well too, so if you are tempted to eat a whole bunch in one sitting (I totally get it), simply individually freeze the cookies and take one out when you crave something sweet. ENJOY!