Homemade Barbecue Sauce with all wholesome ingredients and none of the junk. This healthy homemade barbecue sauce will be ready in minutes!
Why You Should Make This Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Have you ever read the ingredients in a bottle of barbecue sauce? Typically they are loaded with extra sugars, high fructose corn syrup, and other additives that aren't good for you. This barbecue sauce you can enjoy guilt-free!
I kept searching all of the nutritional labels at the grocery store hoping to find a sauce with just real ingredients and no junk. Why is it so hard?
Since we love barbecue chicken, I came up with this healthier version. My kids love drumsticks too, but you can use these for chicken breasts, ribs, pork or whatever you'd like.
I just made wings for my little guys and brushed this sauce on top. They LOVED them! And no added preservatives or unnecessary additives.
Real ingredients, real food. And it's pretty amazing!
I use this homemade barbecue sauce as a dressing, not a marinade. You place the chicken on the grill or in the oven and baste it while it cooks.
I like to add dried parsley for color too. Hope you like this as much as I do! It's simple to make and delicious. Trust me, you will never go back to store-bought sauce again.
This will last for up to7 days in your refrigerator (although I can say that I've never had it last that long!) Whenever I make this, my kids also use this as a condiment for burgers, french fries and even quesadillas.
They use this stuff on everything!
Related Recipes to use with this Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Slow Cooker Puller Pork from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Shredded Chicken from Feasting at Home
Easy Fall Off The Bone Oven Baked Ribs from Inspired Taste
Healthy Barbecue Sauce
- 1 15 ounce can organic tomato sauce
- 1 12 ounce can organic tomato paste
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper you can adjust this according to your taste
- Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Continue to stir occasionally.
- Let cool and serve immediately or place in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.