All of the best fall flavors baked in a delicious, nutritious, cheesy flatbread pizza.
Whoa, guys...this is a game changer.
First off, this is so ridiculously easy to make.
Mainly because I bought 100% whole wheat naan flatbread at Whole Foods.
Sure, go ahead make your pizza dough if you'd like. Knead to Cook has a great whole wheat naan recipe.
I make homemade pizzas every Friday night for my family. Sometimes I make my own dough using this recipe from King Arthur Flour and sometimes I buy my dough at Trader Joe's, a pizza restaurant or a grocery store.
Other times, I buy naan flatbread and BAM!
Easy, Simple. Delicious.
There's never any judgement for simplifying your life. Especially when you work and have kids, go ahead and make your life easier.
I mean, come on people....this pizza has caramelized onions, cranberries and creamy burrata cheese!!
You can easily customize this however you'd like. Use whatever cheese you'd like, although the burrata really is creamy and delicious.
What are your thoughts on burrata cheese?
Me? I don't love creamy cheeses, but to be honest, this tasted like a creamier mozzarella so I dug it.
Side note: I learned that burrata IS simply mozzarella and cream, so there you go.
I am learning something new every day.
I am not a huge cheese lover, especially soft cheeses, but this was definitely worth trying.
I love hard cheese like Manchego, Cheddar and Asiago. I also absolutely love feta cheese.
I swear I could eat it every day.
But I don't, I try to eat it just a few times a week to avoid me overloading on dairy.
And there's butternut squash and mushrooms in there too, so it's healthy, right?
And sage.....oh the sage....
So would my kids eat this on Pizza Friday? Probably not. And that's ok, you know why?
More. For. Me.
That's where I am at this point. I used to get annoyed and frustrated if my kids were picky about certain foods but now I realize that that just means I don't have to share.
I guess you really do get wiser with age.
- 2 medium 100% whole wheat naan flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon olive oill
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 yellow onions sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces burrata cheese sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until onions soften and become translucent.
- Stir well and cook for another 10-15 minutes until onions turn light brown.
- While onions are cooking, place butternut squash in oven and roast for 15 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Top flatbreads with roasted butternut squash, mushrooms and caramelized onions.
- Add burrata cheese all over the flatbread.
- Top with cranberries and sage.
- Place back into oven for 5-10 minutes until flatbread gets crispy on the bottom.
Here are some other delicious pizza recipes I thought you might enjoy...
Eggplant Caprese Pizza from Sumptuous Spoonfuls
I hope you enjoy this as such as I did! I now call today Pizza Thursday! Who's in?
If you made this pizza or any of my other recipes please come back and let me know. I love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by!