This is one of my favorites and I have been making this for YEARS! It is super easy and healthy, and most importantly DELICIOUS! It’s also a great dish for entertaining because it’s simple to prepare and pretty. I like when food looks good too 🙂
The best thing about this recipe is how versatile it is! You can wrap it up in a tortilla, eat it over a bed of lettuce or crush tortilla chips on top (my kids love that!) Any way you eat it, it is delicious!
Check out my video to show you just how easy it is to make…
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (1/8 tsp if you don’t like it too spicy)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon coriander
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 1 15 ounce can organic pinto beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 4-5 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chili peppers (add more or like to your taste)
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup reduced fat mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put turkey in large sauce pan with oil and cook until no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, coriander and a little water until seasoned. Add pinto & black beans, diced tomatoes, thinly sliced chilis, corn and mix it all together in sauce pan.
- Place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish and add ¼ cup of reduced fat mexican cheese blend on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- For my kids, I crumble whole grain tortillas on top.
- I like diced cilantro sprinkled on top. This is great the next for leftovers in a wrap too. ENJOY!
This is one of those meals that the whole family likes! Sometimes when my nights are busier than usual I will prepare it in the morning, wrap it up and place it in the refrigerator until later. Then, I just pop it in the oven for 20 minutes and it’s done!
If you like this, then you will also like these Mexican dishes!
Mexican Quinoa Lasagna from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Healthy Mexican Rice from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
Crock Pot Mexican Quinoa Tacos from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Mexican Bean Salad from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken from Two Peas & Their Pod
Thanks for stopping by!