This is one of my favorites and I have been making this for YEARS! It is super easy and healthy, and most importantly DELICIOUS! It’s also a great dish for entertaining because it’s simple to prepare and pretty. I like when food looks good too 🙂
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (1/8 tsp if you don’t like it too spicy)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon coriander
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 1 15 ounce can organic pinto beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 4-5 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chili peppers (add more or like to your taste)
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup reduced fat mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put turkey in large sauce pan with oil and cook until no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, coriander and a little water until seasoned. Add pinto & black beans, diced tomatoes, thinly sliced chilis, corn and mix it all together in sauce pan.
- Place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish and add ¼ cup of reduced fat mexican cheese blend on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- For my kids, I crumble whole grain tortillas on top.
- I like diced cilantro sprinkled on top. This is great the next for leftovers in a wrap too. ENJOY!
This is one of those meals that the whole family likes! Sometimes when my nights are busier than usual I will prepare it in the morning, wrap it up and place it in the refrigerator until later. Then, I just pop it in the oven for 20 minutes and it’s done!
If you like this, then you will also like these Mexican dishes!
Thanks for stopping by!