This Mexican Quinoa Lasagna is so simple to make and it will become one of your new favorite dishes to make on a busy weeknight. It's gluten-free and delicious!
I have been making Rachael Ray's Mexican Lasagna for a number of years now. It's so simple to make and great when you want to prepare a meal in advance if you are entertaining.
I switched it up a bit and put my personal spin on it. This lasagna is one of my favorites!
I am one of those people that loves comfort food all year long. This includes soup and ice cream in the winter and I eat hot casseroles in the summer.
Even if it's 90 degrees outside, I could eat this dish all year long! With all of the snow and freezing temperatures we've been having here in New Jersey, I have been overdoing it a
little lot with the comfort foods, so I decided to make this one a little healthier.
You can easily customize this Mexican Quinoa Lasagna to suit your taste. Use what you have in your house, mix it up and get creative.
I made this in the morning and just heated it up for dinner. I love meals that make my life easier. Now if my kids would just eat the darn beans and stop picking them out!
Southwestern Chicken Skillet from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Easy Mexican Barbacoa Tacos from Jar of Lemons
Healthy Mexican Casserole from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Healthy Chicken Enchiladas from Eating Bird Food
Mexican Quinoa Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill quinoa rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved (you can use canned tomatoes too)
- 6 -6 inch gluten free tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and turkey or chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes until no longer pink inside.
- While turkey or chicken is cooking, place 1 cup rinsed quinoa and 2 cups water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until liquid has disappeared. Set aside.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, onion and mushrooms. Mix well.
- Add black beans, corn, white beans and grape tomatoes. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Slice tortillas in half to make sure they fit and lay them on the bottom of the dish.
- Next, spoon quinoa on top of tortillas. Layer with meat mixture, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Repeats layers of tortillas, quinoa, meat mixture and cheese until ingredients run out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until cheese has melted. Top with cilantro.
- Serve immediately.