This one pot dish is easy enough for a busy weeknight dinner and delicious enough that the whole family will love it!
I was compensated by Minute® Rice to create this recipe. However, like always, the opinions are entirely my own. Promise 🙂
Who else is struggling with getting a healthy dinner on the table this time of year? During the holidays there aren't enough hours in the day. On top of that, I feel more exhausted than ever! I love easy, healthy, one pot meals that will be ready in no time at all. In fact, you can easily use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken for this dish! I am all about making our crazy lives a little easier.
I love this Minute® Rice Multi-Grain Medley! I loved the textures of the different grains together and it's so versatile. I can think of at least 10 different dishes I could use it in. I better start cooking!
The beauty of this dish is that it's actually healthy. I was so excited when I heard that Minute® Rice came out with a Multi-Grain Medley (which is soooo up my alley!) It's a blend of whole grains like brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa! They come in portion-controlled bags (another huge bonus) and they are gluten-free. I love the way this sounds. And it only takes 10 minutes to cook. Now let's create an easy healthy dish with it!
Southwestern Chicken Skillet
- 2 bags Minute® Multi-Grain Medley
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 pound cooked chicken
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cup chopped grape tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ lime
- chopped cilantro chopped scallions, chopped avocado for topping
- Place Minute® Multi-Grain Medley and water in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- After the water is absorbed, add chicken, onion, garlic, beans and tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add salt, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and mix well.
- Add cheese and squeeze half lime on top of mixture and mix again.
- Top with chopped cilantro, chopped scallions and chopped avocado if desired. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8.3g
Saturated Fat 3.1g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 58.6g
Dietary Fiber 12.8g
*Nutrition information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not 100% guaranteed
I hope you and your family loves this as much as we do! Learn more about all the Minute® Rice products here. Happy Holidays!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
My family and I love this recipe. Such a great and tasty skillet recipe! I can’t wait to make this recipe again! What a big hit and perfect for an easy dinner night!
This is my kind of meal! Easy to make and tons of flavor!
This is so good and flavorful! I loved how easy it is to make!!
I really enjoy your recipe. It was great. Thoes tomatoes and black beans add so much flavor to it. Thanks for your great recipe.
So glad too hear that! Thank you for stopping by!
great recipe and pics. thanks,Anna
Thank you Anna!