This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Easy to make, low carb and made with ingredients you most likely have in your pantry already, this Low Carb Tortilla Taco Pie will be a hit and ready in under 30 minutes!
Why You Should Make This Tortilla Taco Pie
I have been eating a low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, grain-free diet for almost two years now which has helped reduce my inflammation significantly. I have an intestinal condition that I have to monitor and it has been helping tremendously.
Even though this is low carb, sugar free and gluten free it is still insanely delicious. You don’t have to sacrifice taste and quality in order to deliver benefits for people with dietary restrictions.
- tortillas- I used Carb Balance Soft Taco Flour Tortillas but you can use whatever you'd like
- olive oil
- ground beef- I use grass-fed and organic ground beef
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- cauliflower rice- you can make it yourself in a food processor or but it already riced
- chicken broth
- scallions, cilantro and avocado
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
Absolutely, you can easily substitute either one of them.
Yes! You can use the same amount of already cooked brown rice or white rice as a substitute. If you aren't low carb you can easily add corn, black beans or whatever else you'd like.
Yes, simply omit the cheese and it can be super delicious and dairy free.
Low Carb Tortilla Taco Pie
- 2 Mission® Carb Balance Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- cilantro for topping
- avocado for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla on the bottom of the pie dish.
- Place oil and ground beef in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 5-7 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add onion, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cauliflower rice and chicken broth and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add scallions and cilantro.
- Pour beef mixture into pie dish.
- Cover with remaining tortilla and press down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and add toppings of your choice.