I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is just two days away. I think Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday (next to Christmas of course). It’s a day to spend with family and friends where you simply relax, enjoy each other’s company and reflect on everything you should be thankful for.
Besides my three little monkeys at home and my insanely sweet husband, I am so incredibly thankful for all of you. I am grateful for you supporting my cookbooks, recipes and just for being here. Thank you for everything and for being a part of my life. This year has been filled with both very happy and sad times and I love having a place to come to escape and talk. About food. And life. And more food. I read all of your comments (yes, good and bad) and appreciate you taking the time to visit my page. I feel like one extremely lucky lady.
Ok, now onto the good stuff…
I don’t know about you, but I am trying to stay organized during the holidays which isn’t easy. I know what I am making this Friday, and it’s this soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 8 cups organic free-range chicken broth
- 1 cup mini cheese tortellini
- 2 cups cooked turkey chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds organic baby spinach
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes halved
- freshly cracked black pepper
- freshly shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place oil, celery, onions and garlic in large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add broth, thyme and basil. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add tortellini and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add turkey, spinach and tomatoes.
- Stir well and let simmer for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Top with freshly saved Parmesan cheese if desired.
It’s ridiculously easy (just the way I like it after cooking all day on Thanksgiving!) Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks again 🙂