With the holidays coming it's time for even more desserts and treats than normal. Why not make your treats a little healthier? This Maple Pecan Brittle is perfect for a gift or as part of your cookie exchange. Trust me, you will want to try this brittle. And you just might not stop eating them...
- 8 ounces pecan pieces roughly 2 cups
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pecans on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast pecans for 5 minutes.
- In a large resealable bag, pour the rest of ingredients. Add pecans and shake to thoroughly combine.
- Pour back onto baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before you break apart in chunks.
Store in an airtight container