With the holidays coming it's time for even more desserts and treats than normal. Why not make your treats a little healthier? This Maple Pecan Brittle is perfect for a gift or as part of your cookie exchange. Trust me, you will want to try this brittle. And you just might not stop eating them...
- 8 ounces pecan pieces roughly 2 cups
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pecans on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast pecans for 5 minutes.
- In a large resealable bag, pour the rest of ingredients. Add pecans and shake to thoroughly combine.
- Pour back onto baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before you break apart in chunks.
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @lkellynutrition or tag #lkellynutrition!
Store in an airtight container
Tried making this today. Did not turn out at all. Bubbled up in the oven and spread to the edges of the pan and beyond. Edges burned terribly. Followed the instructions to a "t". Not sure what went wrong...
Oh no Michelle, I am sorry to hear that. I know oven temperatures may vary, do you think it was overcooked?
This looks wonderful! Just wondering, if you don't have coconut palm sugar, could you substitute with honey or organic cane sugar? Thanks!
Organic cane sugar would work perfectly 🙂 Let me know how you like it, Meredith!
this looks wonderful
I tried and enjoyed the delicious cheesecake from your book I have posted about it here https://www.torviewtoronto.com/2013/11/delicious-cheesecake-from-greek-yogurt.html
glad to be hosting a US and Canada giveaway for your book until Dec 10th
Thank you so much! I shared on my FB page too. I really appreciate it! I am a new fan of your page, can't wait to read your posts 🙂
I am so making this! Looks amazing! TY Lauren!
Thank you so much Mary! Let me know how you like it 🙂