Light and wonderfully flaky, these delicious Gluten Free Strawberry Pomegranate Scones pair perfectly with your cup of coffee or tea! They are so adorable and perfect for Valentine's Day too.
Just in time for Valentine's day, these adorable heart-shaped gluten free scones will make your loved one super happy. If you are looking for a special gluten free recipe for Valentines Day or any other day really, look no further.
These scones are AMAZING!
These might look cute and fancy, but basically it's just a regular gluten free scone recipe and I used a heart -shaped cookie cutter to make them look adorable. And they look really adorable.
These scones have no butter in them, just healthy coconut oil. They make the perfect breakfast with some Apple Chai Latte, Chamomile Latte or Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate or for dessert with some Spiked Apple Cider, Slow Cooker mulled Wine or this Cranberry Mojito!
These can be made with any fruit you like or have in the house. I picked these because I love them both and red for Valentines Day.
Keep it simple, if you have all of the ingredients except pomegranates and or strawberries then use what you have. Frozen berries always work too!
You can also add dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips etc… whatever makes you happy. For me, these are what make me happy. Who will you make these for?
But feel free to use good old butter if that's what you have in the house. Obviously it will no longer be dairy free but it will still be super delicious.
Scones are one of those things that had to grow on me. I was always turned off at how dry they were.
Until I had a really, really incredible lemon scone in California that completely rocked my world and totally changed my mind. From then on, I will forever love my scones, even the driest ones.
Now I realize that not only are scones supposed to be dry, but that' what makes them delicious. Get a bug cup of tea or coffee and you have a match made in heaven.
I also chose to use strawberries and pomegranates because I love the pops of red color and that are both loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. You can easily use a variety of different fruits to mix it up a bit.
Use whatever is in your house to make life easier. But if you can, definitely try them at least once with the strawberries and pomegranates.
They are such a delicious combination together.
Sugar Free Keto Blueberry Scones from Sugar Free Mom
Mini Vanilla Bean Scones from All Day I Dream About Food
Gluten Free Eggnog Scones from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Gluten Free Strawberry Pomegranate Scones
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free vanilla extract
- ¼ cup diced organic strawberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder and salt. Work in the coconut oil until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla until frothy. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. The dough will be sticky.
- Fold in the strawberries and pomegranates.
- Drop the dough onto the parchment paper or silicone mat and form into a circle in the center of baking sheet. Cut circle into 8 triangles or use a cookie cutter to make 8 hearts.
- Sprinkle the scones with extra sugar if desired. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.