This is one of those easy, delicious chicken recipes that you will want to make over and over again. Fresh asparagus and sliced chicken breast in a wonderfully delicious, light peanut sauce.
I am SO excited to go to Miami this Thursday for the amazing BlogHer Food Blogger Conference! I get to hang out with a bunch of very talented food bloggers (and friends) and I am finally able to meet people who have simply been friends "online".
This conference is HUGE in my world and I have been looking forward to it for months. I'm flying with sharing a room with my dear friend, Brianne over at Cupcakes and Kale Chips and we have a very busy, fun-filled weekend planned.
Awesome, a weekend away from the kids. And New Jersey. And baseball. And cooking!
And then... the guilt arrives.
As much as I am really, really looking forward to a break, I will miss my little ones at home. And they are really busy, so simply organizing their schedules while I am gone is pretty exhausting.
But I am trying to remain in the excited stage and not the guilt stage. Damn Mom guilt, go away.
Ok, let's talk about this awesome peanuty chicken dish. This is kind of a thai/stir fry dish where I used asparagus instead of snow peas.
Asparagus is by far my favorite vegetable (next to spinach) and I love when it's in season! It's a HUGE pet peeve of mine when asparagus is overcooked and soggy.
Don't people know that there is no vegetable that is supposed to be brown? And limp?
I like it when it's firm, crisp and bright green. This dish is so simple to make, you can make it on a busy weeknight.
When you are carting around your three kids to baseball practices, birthday parties and play dates. Who else can feel my pain?
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut or olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds organic chicken chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons GMO-FREE low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup water more if needed
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch of asparagus chopped into 1 inch pieces, ends trimmed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, lime juice, ½ cup water, cumin and red pepper flakes until combined.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms to skillet and stir well. Cook for a few minutes until asparagus turn bright green.
- Add peanut mixture and mix well. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes until chicken and vegetables are thoroughly coated. Serve immediately over quinoa, rice or noodles.
The beauty of this dish is you can eat it as is, over a bed of greens (like spinach) or over quinoa, rice or noodles. It's so versatile.
And incredibly delicious.
My husband actually wrapped this up in tortillas which seemed a little strange for me but he loved it.
To each his own I guess.
I hope you enjoy this! I'll be back Sunday from Miami. Hopefully with a tan. 😉
If you do make this Asparagus and Chicken in Peanut Sauce or any of my other recipes, please come back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by and please come back again soon!