Who says drinks can't be comforting? This Apple Chai Latte has the perfect amount of spice and sweetness of apple to warm you up. It's healthy, delicious and will be ready in 15 minutes.
I love tea. Basically, I love all kinds of tea with green tea being my absolute favorite. But chai comes in at a close second.
I don't drink coffee at all (not for health reasons, I despise the taste and smell of it) but you will frequently see me sipping on a nice cup of hot tea. And most times it's in my absolute favorite Teavana travel mug.
Seriously, most of my local friends who see me at school pick up or my kids' games, I am always carrying this mug.
Back to this latte… since I always drink plain tea (meaning no lemon, honey or sugar etc.) I thought I would branch out a bit and try to make a seasonal latte. Why not?
I bought apple cider from Trader Joe's that is delicious! Just check the ingredients that there is no added sugar, it's totally unnecessary and sweet enough on its own.
If you are looking for a fun cozy cocktail then my Spiked Apple Cider is for you! Or if you just want another warm and comforting drink you can make my Chamomile Latte or this Low Carb Bulletproof Hot Chocolate.
Why You Should Make This Apple Chai Latte
So many of the lattes and drinks sold at coffee shops are loaded with so much unnecessary sugar and additives. The chai lattes from Starbucks contain anywhere from 260-350 calories per drink, depending on all the ingredients added.
In my opinion, I would rather eat a delicious omelet or chicken meal than drink all of those calories, but that's just me.
I don't buy lattes from starbucks or other coffee places. If I do splurge and buy something, it's always a plain green tea. This way it's cheaper and I know what's in there.
I don't want all of the extra unnecessary ingredients and I don't want to spend $6 for a drink. Unless it's a glass of wine or cocktail of course.
This Apple Chai Latte is way healthier and less calories and fat than those you can buy in a store. It is made with all wholesome, clean ingredients that you can feel good about drinking.
The truth is that this delicious drink is only 50 calories per serving. That's a huge difference.
Besides how much healthier this latte is then store bought varieties, this can be ready in just 15 minutes. You can have this cozy, delicious latte in no time at all.
- Chai tea bag - You can use whatever tea you'd like, but this one is my favorite. It's organic, non-GMO and easy to find in most grocery stores.
- Apple cider - I like to buy apple cider from the farmer's market by me. It's always fresh and made with local apples and incredibly delicious.
- Almond milk - I used unsweetened almond milk to make sure there were no added sugars and unnecessary ingredients in there.
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
Yes, of course. I have doubled and even tripled this recipe several times. You can easily do this by going to recipe card below and click on where it says servings and adjust it to the amount you'd like.
A latte can be reheated in a microwave or on the stove as long as it hasn't been left at room temperature long enough for the milk to spoil. Don't reheat to the point of boiling.
Yes! I have made it before and it's delicious. Instead of the apple cider I add two tablespoons of 100% pure pumpkin puree.
Green Tea Matcha Latte from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Healthy Vanilla Cinnamon Latte from The Clean Eating Couple
Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Plant Well
Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte from Eating Bird Food
Apple Chai Latte
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 chai tea bag
- ⅓ cup apple cider
- ½ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- cinnamon stick or additional cinnamon for topping
- Add boiling water to tea bag in a large mug. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- White tea is steeping, place apple cider, almond milk, cinnamon and allspice in a medium saucepan over low heat while continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat for a few minutes while stirring well.
- Add heated milk mixture to mug and serve with a cinnamon stick or additional cinnamon for topping.