This is so easy to prepare, there is no excuse not to make it. No extra sugar is necessary in this recipe, the natural sweetness of the pears and apples are just enough. You can easily use all apples if you don’t have any ripe pears. There is no turning back after you try this. Store bought applesauce will never be the same again.
Unsweetened Pear Applesauce in the Slow Cooker
- 6 ripe apples, cored, peeled and chopped (I used Fuji)
- 4 ripe pears, peeled and chopped (I used Bosc)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours.
- *Note: This is chunky applesauce. You can always mash with wooden spoon or potato masher if you'd like it smooth.
- Eat warm or room temperature. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know if you try it 🙂