This is the perfect grilled cheese with some added omega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. What’s not to love?
I have been a fan of grilled cheese since I was a little girl. And I am not even a huge cheese lover but there’s something about the buttery goodness of that toasted bread and melted cheese that gets me. Every. Single. Time. When my kids leave the crusts or any remnant of their grilled cheese, I have to use all the restraint I have not to finish it.
I decided to add some avocados and spinach to this sandwich for some added nutrition and texture. Jarlsberg melts perfectly and has a slightly sweet, buttery flavor. I also added bacon because, well do I need a reason? It’s bacon. And it’s delicious.
- 4 slices of bread, I used multi-grain ciabatta
- butter, I used bout 1 teaspoon per slice of bread
- 4 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices of cooked nitrate free bacon, I used Applegate Farms
- 1½ cups baby spinach
- Spread butter on one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Spray cooking spray on skillet or grill pan and let preheat on low for a few minutes.
- Place two pieces of bread onto skillet, buttered side down.
- Top with slice of cheese, sliced avocado, slice of bacon, handful of spinach and then another piece of cheese.
- Top with another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Press down with spatula and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Gently turn over and cook additional 5 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately!
This post is not sponsored by Jarlsberg, but they were kind enough to provide me with the delicious cheese to create this recipe!
I used Jarlsberg deli fresh slices that were perfect for my sandwich.
And look what else I found? These little minis are the perfect portion controlled snack! I am always on the hunt for new snack ideas and these babies have only 70 calories each!
Great news cheese lovers, Jarlsberg is hosting an amazing giveaway! It’s open to USA residents only. The Giveaway will run from Monday August: 4/2014 12:00am EST to Tuesday August 12/2014 12:00am EST.
See those other blogs that are also participating in this giveaway? They are pretty fabulous. Please go check them out too! You won’t be sorry. 🙂
Good luck! Enjoy all of the cheesy deliciousness!