Lightly sweet with a slight kick, these roasted chickpeas are crunchy and packed with nutrition!
Ahhh….my new favorite snack….roasted chickpeas.
I make these at least twice a week. I love mixing up the flavors and next to my Chocolate Covered Roasted Chickpeas, these are my favorite.
Just so you know, your stomach won’t feel well if you eat the whole batch in one day. Especially a few months after you’ve had an intestinal blockage and an extensive surgery at that. These are extremely addictive so I recommend putting these in portion-controlled containers to prevent said overeating. Not that I would know from experience.
I personally LOVE the sweet and spicy combination. One thing, these aren’t very spicy, they just have a slight kick to them. You can easily leave off the chili powder if you’d like them to just be sweet. But I like them with a little extra punch!
So now, onto these crunchy chickpeas…
The key to making them crunchy is to make sure they are completely dry before putting them in the oven. I learned this the hard way. They still taste delicious, just not crunchy. And sometimes you just want something with a CRUNCH.
Also, make sure the “skins” come off, either when you rinse the chickpeas or you can just peel them off. They also prevent the from being crunchy. Are you sensing a theme here?
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed, drained and thoroughly patted dry
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- After the chickpeas are rinsed, drained and thoroughly patted dry, place in a medium bowl.
- Remove any excess "skins" by picking through with your hands.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Lay in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, making sure to shake the pan half way through.
- Place roasted chickpeas on parchment paper and allow them to dry.
- Eat and enjoy!
Thanks so much, happy snacking!