Simple to make, loaded with veggies and super healthy, these delicious, crispy Cauliflower Tots will be your family’s favorite! These are gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, low carb and keto friendly and make a tasty dinner, side dish or appetizer.
I wanted to create a fun recipe to make for the big game this weekend, something that we can all enjoy, one that is healthy and super delicious. These Cauliflower Tots are exactly all of those things.
I would say these are perfect for the kids, but being completely honest, I think I ate more than my kids did.
Being completely honest, I am not a huge fan of football but with having three boys that live and breathe football and a husband who is right there next to them watching, Sundays are all about football in my house. We have a regular routine where they would all watch whatever game was on at that time, follow their fantasy football teams and I would cook some kind of cozy comfort food for dinner.
I had envisioned the when we were renovating our house a few years ago and I am so happy with the layout. The family room opens up to the kitchen and we have a gigantic tv that we can all watch, even while I am cooking.
Also, my husband bought a stupid ridiculously large tv that you can see what we are watching from down the street.
For those of you with teenagers you know how important it is to have something you can all watch together as a family. Even though I barely understand football at all, I love that it is our thing on Sundays.
And Monday nights and now sometimes Thursday nights. Lots of football!
Well, let’s be honest, football is THEIR thing and the food is mine.
But they love to eat and we all love food so we are all very happy. I love how that all works out.
Back to these tots…
You only need a few, simple, wholesome ingredients to make these. There are no crazy wild, hard to find ingredients in here.
Even though these babies are super healthy, they are still really basic. I like simple, easy recipes, nothing fancy over here.
I added the Cheddar cheese to the ingredients as optional because I have made these both with and without the cheese and they both were delicious. that being said, you can easily omit the cheese and enjoy these completely dairy free.
I just wanted all of my dairy free friends to know that these are just as yummy without the cheese.
And no, eggs are not dairy before you write me. I think people think that because eggs are located next to milk and butter in the grocery store?
I have no clue why people think that but it really is that simple. Eggs are not dairy.
I made these tots into more of a “patty” shape than a “tot” shape because it was easier to form them like that. Then I was thinking how fun it would be to make these into all types shapes, even hearts for Valentine’s Day!
I baked these in the oven but I bet you can make these in your air fryer as well. If you do, please come back and let me know how they came out.
I can only speak to how they come out after baking them, but they really do get crispy and firm. And super tasty.
No these are not your typical foods that you might eat watching the big game, but it’s still fun and yummy finger food. It’s way more healthy than all of your fried appetizers and dips.
Back in the day when we used to go to parties to watch the game, I would always bring something low carb and healthy that I could eat too. This way, I am guaranteed at least one healthy dish to have and I won’t be tempted to eat something else.
Now don’t get me wrong, I am all about balance and these cauliflower tots are the perfect way to balance out some of those less healthy choices.
But it is always an advantage when the healthy food actually tastes incredible. Then it doesn’t feel like you are restricting yourself at all.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, possible additional tablespoon
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Chop the cauliflower head into florets. Cook the cauliflower in a steamer until is fork-tender but making sure to not over cook and get too soft.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray or spread olive oil to coat.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes and using a paper towel, drain water from the cauliflower and squeezing out all the water.
- Using a blender, mash the cauliflower and add all the ingredients except almond flour and olive oil. Stir well until combine.
- Start with 3 tablespoons of coconut flour and then add additional 1 tablespoon if needed. The paste should be sticky but firm.
- Using your hands shape the mixture into nuggets (small ones work better). Coat each of them with almond flour.
- Set the nuggets in prepared baking tray with one inch of space between them as they will expand somewhat.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven. Turn over and bake another 15 minutes or until they start to turn brown.
- Keep them in the fridge, in a covered airtight container, for up to one week.
Here are some more healthy appetizers that I thought you might like:
Mini Bacon Cheese Balls from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Keto Shrimp Guacamole and Bacon Appetizers from Low Carb with Jennifer
Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Phyllo Bites from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Everything Bagel Cucumber Bites from All Day I Dream About Food
Quinoa Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Shrimp Cocktail with Sriracha Cocktail Sauce from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Healthy Deviled Eggs from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites from Skinnytaste
Spicy Black Bean Dip from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
If you make these Easy Cauliflower Tots or any of the other recipes I have shared with you, please some back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy these! Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon!