Warning, these are highly addictive and will make your house smell amazing!
I never understood why people would throw out the pumpkin seeds when carving a jack-o-lantern! Pumpkin seeds are filled with crucial vitamins and minerals, as well as a good deal of protein. And the fact that they are so delicious and easy to roast, this is the recipe you need to try.
Coconut Maple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Scoop out the seeds of a pumpkin. Place seeds in a large bowl, rinse out the pulp and strings. Wait for pumpkin seeds to rise to the top and place in colander to rinse off extra pumpkin pulp.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place coconut oil in large saucepan and melt. Add pumpkin seeds and constantly stir for about 10 minutes until light brown. *Stirring is necessary to prevent burning*
- Remove the seeds from heat. Add maple syrup, cinnamon and shredded coconut. Mix well until thoroughly coated.
- Place pumpkin seeds on baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes making sure to stir every 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
You all know how much I love my pumpkin recipes! Here are just a few of my favorites:
Hope you enjoy pumpkin season as much as I do!