Deliciously crunchy, healthy and simple to make, this Healthy Parmesan and Flax Crusted Chicken is always a crowd pleaser! Get rid of the frozen chicken tenders from the grocery store and make these with just a few, wholesome ingredients.
If you don't want to give your kids frozen chicken nuggets that are filled with preservatives and additives, it's so easy to make your own. They taste so much better than store bought.
I make these extra healthy that even adults would love these. And kids have no idea how healthy they actually are.
Because then we all know that all of a sudden they would no longer like them. We all know that game, right?
This Healthy Parmesan Chicken freezes really well too. My kids love these chicken tenders so much that I usually make an extra batch and keep them in the freezer.
I love that I can just take them out of the freezer on those busy weeknights for an hour or so and then place in the toaster oven or regular oven to crisp them back up. It's so easy.
If you are looking for some more healthy chicken recipes, you will love these Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks, Low Carb Stuffed Pesto Chicken Breast and this Slow Cooker Thai Curried Chicken Soup. These would be even more delicious with a Cranberry Mojito, Slow Cooker Mulled Wine and my Spiked Apple Cider!
Why You Should Make This Healthy Parmesan Chicken
This chicken is packed with nutrition, low in fat and low in calories. It's a perfectly balanced recipe.
The whole wheat panko crumbs add more texture and fiber. Flax seed is also packed with fiber, as well as omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and has shown to help prevent heart disease and certain cancers.
Why not try it? Here is an easy way to add flax to your kids' (and your) diet.
It honestly doesn't get any easier than this. And couldn't we all use a little more easy in our lives these days?
I've made this so many times and I love to switch it up with various different cheeses. I loves the Asiago, Romano and also Manchego cheese. Whatever hard cheese you like would be divine.
Two of my guys dip this chicken in ketchup and the littlest one likes to dip it in Ranch dressing. It's always good to creative ad try new things though, so please share some ideas with me.
One Pot Salsa Pasta Chicken Bake from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Spicy Honey Chicken and Lime Chicken with Edamame Rice from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Thai Chicken Tacos with Spicy Peanut Sauce from The Suburban Soapbox
Healthy Parmesan Chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders or breasts
- 2 egg whites beaten with whole egg
- 1 egg beaten with egg whites
- ½ cup whole wheat Panko crumbs
- ½ cup ground Flax seed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place egg and egg whites in one large bowl. In a separate large bowl, place bread crumbs, flax seed, cheese, basil and oregano. Stir until mixed.
- Start by placing each tenderloin in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture and make sure it is thoroughly coated on both sides.
- Place in oven and cook for 35 minutes, making sure to turn them over halfway. Temperatures in ovens vary, so make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.