I was compensated by Minute® Rice to create this recipe. However, like always, the opinions are entirely my own. Promise 🙂
Easy, simple and delicious, this will be your new go-to salad this summer!
I know I am not in the majority as I say this, but here it goes...
I am not a cheese lover.
Especially soft cheese. I heard all of those gasps! I know it's weird for people to hear that, but it's true. I am starting to slowly warm up to feta cheese, however, so don't be surprised if you start seeing quite a few new recipes with feta in them.
Using cheese (in small amounts) is a great way to add a bunch of flavor and still keeping it healthy. Again, let's emphasize the words "small amounts". I know many people can overdo it with cheese.
The weather is finally getting warmer and it's time to start lighting up our dishes (if you haven't already!) I love using Minute® Brown Rice because it's ready in just 10 minutes and it's healthy. It's one of those staples that should always be in your pantry at all times. So many salads are made with pasta and are loaded with high calorie dressings, but this one is bursting with flavor (hello roasted tomatoes!) and it's loaded with vegetables. Did I mention how simple it is to make?
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 2 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 4 cups kale chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large resealable bag, place the tomatoes, honey, thyme , oil and salt.
- Seal the bag and shake to combine.
- Place tomato mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 45 minutes, until the tomatoes become shriveled.
- When the tomatoes are roasting, place water and Minute® Brown Rice in a sauce pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for another 5 minutes until all the water has disappeared.
- Fluff rice with a fork and pour into a large bowl. Immediately add the roasted tomatoes, kale and feta cheese. The kale will soften and the feta will melt.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.