|“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #OnePotPasta http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”|
Say goodbye to those boring weeknight meals on busy nights. This healthy, creamy spaghetti dish will be ready in under 30 minutes. The flavors in this will have you asking for seconds (and maybe even thirds)!
I was pretty excited to see these new Barilla Pronto One Pan-No Boil-No Drain Pastas at Shoprite! Honestly, I am open to just about anything that makes life a little easier for me. You literally put the spaghetti in a large skillet, pour 3 cups of water over it and cook it for 10 minutes. The water disappears and there is no draining necessary. How cool is that?
I love that this whole meal only uses one pan. So not only does it save time in prepping and cooking, it also helps with clean up. I’ll take it because we are usually racing to another practice or activity after dinner. With three boys on 5 baseball teams and lacrosse for my youngest (only once a week) I am always looking for time savers. Thank goodness for shortcuts like Barilla Pronto and good friends to carpool with!
I am a huge fan of cooking in bulk, or prepping my food for the week. On Sundays (in between games) I always make a bunch of grilled chicken breasts to have in the fridge for a quick dinner. It’s one of the ways that I make life a little easier. I also make some muffins for the kids for the week, granola bars, overnight oats, chia puddings etc. that I need during the week. This helps to keep me on track, keep me organized and decrease my stress levels too. I hate that feeling when you get home at 6:00 p.m. and open the refrigerator and have no idea what to make. It rarely ends well.
- 1 12 ounce box Barilla Pronto Spaghetti
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (I used red and yellow grape tomatoes)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 grilled chicken breasts (already cooked), sliced into strips
- Pour the entire box of Barilla Pronto Spaghetti in a large skillet.
- Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan making sure all of the spaghetti is covered by the water.
- Cook on high, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until most of the water is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon minced garlic and oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and tomatoes and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place avocado, clove garlic, and cheese in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour avocado sauce on top of spaghetti in the skillet. Add in the asparagus, tomatoes and sliced chicken. Mix well. Serve immediately.
Ok, so technically this is two pans. But I’ve also made it with one pan, I promise! Cook the spaghetti first, then add veggies, cook over low-medium heat for 5 minutes until veggies soften a bit, add avocado sauce and chicken. VOILA!
And the best part…it’s healthy too!