This No Bake Sugar Free Lemon Mousse Pie is the perfect, light and decadent dessert. With a delicious nutty crust and a light and airy mousse center, this pie will be a huge crowd pleaser!
I love lemon treats and desserts all year round, but they just might taste even better during the hot dog days of summer. I have always loved lemon pies so I decided to make one that's healthier, sugar free, low carb and gluten free.
I have to say, I am so happy I did because this homemade lemon pie is an absolute winner.
Why You Should Make This Lemon Pie
This delicious lemon pie is made with all wholesome ingredients can be easily found in a grocery store. Remember, eating healthy and sugar free does not need to be difficult, and this pie is a perfect example of just that.
This gorgeous pie is no bake so its a perfect dessert when it's too hot to turn the oven on or when you have no more room in the oven. Either way, it is the perfect no bake treat.
- Almond Flour- I like to use superfine almond flour in this crust which is a grain free, almond flour made from whole, skinless almonds. The fine consistency lends to a light crust on this pie.
- Pecans- You can use either salted or unsalted pecans here, depending on your taste. I used these raw, chopped pecans in this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar Fee Sweetener- I used Swerve Powdered Sugar Free Sweetener in here but you can also use Monk Fruit Powdered Sugar Free Sweetener as well.
- Butter- I recommend using grass fed butter for a better taste. You can use either salted or unsalted butter here.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- I use the Organic Whipping Cream from Trader Joe's that is located near the milk.
- Cream Cheese- I use full fat cream cheese to make this pie filling.
- Lemon juice- I recommend using fresh lemon juice for this pie. Fresh always taste best!
- Sugar free whipped topping (optional)- This is a personal decision. I've made this with and without the whipped cream topping and I liked it better without it, but I don't normally love whipped cream. This is the recipe I used and it was simple to make and delicious.
How To Make This Lemon Pie
First we prepare the crust. Place chopped pecans and almond flour in a skillet. Heat over medium heat stirring frequently until golden brown.
Mix toasted flour, powdered Swerve, and melted butter in a medium size bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
It's time to make the lemon filling! Whip cream cheese with an electric mixer in chilled bowl until smooth.
Add in powdered Swerve and whip until smooth. Add in heavy cream and continue whipping on medium/high until light and fluffy and soft peaks form.
Add in lemon juice and continue to whip on medium until well incorporated
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
And just like that, you have yourself a gorgeous, sugar free, low carb Lemon Mousse Pie!
Recipe FAQ's and Expert Tips
This Cool Whip might be sugar free, but when following this diet it is important to know that ingredients matter. Most of the ingredients in sugar free cool whip are chemicals and basically junk. My recipe is made with all wholesome ingredients.
Absolutely! I made my Apple Crumb Pie with a walnut crust and it's delicious!
Yes! I like to freeze them in individual slices for easy portion control. I wrap each slice in parchment or wax paper and place it in a plastic bag and place in the freezer.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Easy Gluten Free Key Lime Pie from Gluten Free Palate
Gluten Free Vegan Apple Crumb Pie with Walnut Crust from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Gluten Free Pecan Pie from Allergy Free Alaska
Low Carb No Bake Lemon Mousse Pie
- For the crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar free sweetener
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- For the filling:
- 1 ⅓ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar free sweetener
- ½ cup lemon juice
- sugar free whipped topping optional, if desired
- Finely chop pecans.
- Chill a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer) in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before preparing filling (this helps keep the mixture cool).
- Place chopped pecans and almond flour in a skillet. Heat over medium heat stirring frequently until golden brown. This takes about 10 minutes for the flour and nuts to be toasted and golden.
- Mix toasted flour, powdered Swerve, and melted butter in a medium size bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Whip cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in powdered Swerve and whip until smooth. Add in heavy cream and continue whipping on medium/high until light and fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Add in lemon juice and continue to whip on medium until well incorporated.
- Spread in prepared crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.