You will be amazed at the wonderful texture of this light, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. It goes perfectly with a cup of coffee and tea and it’s a delicious way to sneak some vegetables in.
Yup, you guessed it, here is another fabulous (if I do say so myself) recipe from my cookbook, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook.
I make this bread so often that I mix it up every now and then. I have to puree the zucchini completely for my kids (they freak out when the green stuff is sticking out) and sometimes I use chocolate chips, sometimes dried cranberries, raisins or sliced nuts.
It’s so easy to change it up and make it different each time.
Like I always say, use whatever you like and most importantly use whatever you have in your house to make it easier. It’s always good to mix up recipes and your routine.
As you know gluten free baking isn’t always easy. Actually, it’s rarely easy.
All of the different gluten free flours can be complicated, temperamental and difficult at times. There are many, many recipes that I must have created 5, 6, 7 times just to get it right when I was writing my cookbook.
I always want to give you guys the very best, most perfect recipes and I wouldn’t stop until I had it.
Normal baking, still very scientific and precise, is much easier to perfect. I usually get it right the first or maybe second time around.
But due to the nature of these gluten free flours, they would sometimes take many tries before I got it right. This bread was a perfect example of that.
I just couldn’t get the texture right. And although it tasted delicious each time that I made it, sometimes it didn’t rise well and other times it had a spongy texture.
Well that just won’t do.
So the very last time I made this, I FINALLY was pleased with the texture. I might have jumped up and down form total elation and exhaustion and celebrated a little bit.
Did I mention how frustrating gluten free baking can be?
That is why when I do find a good, solid recipe, I continue to make it again and again, knowing that it will always come out delicious. That is, if I follow the instructions to a T.
Remember, baking is very different than cooking. You can easily sprinkle a little of this and that into something while it’s cooking t spruce it up, but when you are baking you need to be precise.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon wheat free vanilla
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking soda * make sure it’s wheat free
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder * make sure it’s wheat free
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups fresh zucchini shredded
- ½ cup chocolate chips * make sure they are wheat free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil and applesauce in a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flours, corn starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Add zucchini and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. Place a toothpick in center of bread and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
Again, if you have picky eaters go ahead an puree the zucchini or chop it even more finely than I did here so no one complains. I totally get it.
If you like the book, please go and “like” it and leave a positive review on Amazon and Barnes and Noble! I hate to ask but it is always helpful to have positive reviews.
If you made this yummy gluten free zucchini bread or any of my other recipes, please come back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you.
Thank you for stopping by and please come back again soon!