This Coconut Lime Shrimp is simple, delicious and gluten-free. It’s easy enough to prepare for a weeknight meal.
I was so excited to hear that Skinnygirl created a new ready-to-serve MOJITO! I don’t know about you, but I love mojitos. So naturally, I knew I had to get my new cookbook, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook to find something delicious that would pair nicely with this refreshing cocktail. I ended up my making Coconut Lime Shrimp. It was a match made in heaven!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded coconut
- juice from 2 limes
- zest from 1 lime
- 24 shrimp deveined with tails on
- Grapeseed oil
- fresh lime wedges for squeezing
- In medium bowl, combine egg, all purpose flour, coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest and baking powder.
- Place 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons coconut flour and shredded coconut in two separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/milk mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (SO IMPORTANT IN ORDER FOR COCONUT TO STAY ON WHILE PAN FRYING).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in grill pan (or regular saute pan).
- Saute' shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. Garnish with lime wedge.