This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This hummus is so ridiculously easy you won’t ever want to eat store bought hummus again! The avocado adds extra nutrients such as healthy fats (monounsaturated), fiber, vitamins and minerals. It also gives the hummus a wonderful creamy texture (and a pretty green color 🙂 ) Oh and this recipe is just 1 of the 300 recipes in my new cookbook, “The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook” which you can buy at Amazon and Barnes and Noble!
Avocado White Bean Hummus
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large garlic glove coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup water plus more as needed
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Place the cannellini beans, avocado, garlic, water, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment or a high speed blender.
Add chopped cilantro and season with pepper and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
If the dip is too thick, pulse in more water, a tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Serve with homemade corn chips!
I hope you enjoy this gluten-free, guilt-free appetizer! Come back soon 🙂