I think I’ve found my new favorite pesto recipe and I’m so excited to share it with you.
I used both yellow and green squash to make these “noodles”. You literally put the vegetable in one end, turn the crank and voila! it comes out curly and super cool. These noodles taste delicious and are low carb, low calorie, naturally gluten-free and vegan. My kind of perfect.
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large green squash (zucchini)
- 1¼ cups sundried tomatoes (not in oil), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ ounces pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons asiago cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place sundried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour boiling water onto and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place squash into the spiralizer or use a peeler and create long strips.
- Heat oil into a large saucepan over medium heat. Add squash and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Make sure to scare down the sides of the blender to incorporate all of the mixture.
- Place pesto onto of zucchini noodles and serve immediately. Top with extra asiago cheese of desired.
Just as with any pesto recipe, you can use whatever nuts or seeds you’d like (check out my Pumpkin Seed Pesto) and whatever cheese you like (my Simple Pesto recipe). Get creative because pesto is awesome any way it’s prepared. Case closed. I haven’t met a pesto I didn’t love.
What kind of pesto is YOUR favorite? Have great day!