These are so simple to make for the kids (and adults too). There aren’t any bread crumbs in these, just all healthy, clean ingredients. I make a bunch of these at once and freeze them to take out and reheat for a quick weeknight meal. The kiddies have no clue that they are eating tons of fiber, antioxidants, protein and omega-3-fatty-acids. Shhhhhh…… I won’t tell if you won’t tell 😉
- 1 pound organic, skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, place flax seed, chia seeds, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano, basil and garlic. Mix well.
- In another separate medium bowl, place eggs and mix well.
- Line up the bowls and place each piece of chicken into egg mixture, then flax/chia mixture. Lay onto prepared baking sheet until all the chicken is used.
- Discard any remaining egg or flax mixtures.
- Cook chicken for 25 minutes or until cooked through, making sure to turn over once halfway through. Serve immediately.
Let me know how you like these! Thanks for stopping by~