These adorable nachos are in my cookbook, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook, in the “Kids” Chapter. These are a perfectly well-balanced after school snack. These nachos are easy, healthy and fun to eat. I won’t pretend like these aren’t one of my favorite snacks too. Who doesn’t like fruit and melted almond butter? I know! It’s a great guilt-free dessert too.
Apple Pear Nachos
- 1 sliced apple of choice
- 1 sliced pear of choice
- 2-3 tbsp raw almond butter, or all natural peanut butter, slightly heated
- 1-2 ounces of pecans, walnuts, almonds or nuts of choice
- chocolate chips to taste
- golden raisins or other dried fruit (unsweetened) to taste
- shredded coconut
- Slice apples and pears and put on plate.
- Top with favorite toppings starting with melted nut butter and serve.
Get creative! Use what you have in the house. Make it with different fruits and nut butters. Your kids will thank you! I used dried cranberries to add a little color, but I usually let my kids pick out their favorite toppings.
Go check out the rest of the recipes in my book, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook on sale in all major book stores nationwide. Feel free to go to Amazon and Barnes and Noble to pick up your copy and please leave me a lovely review 🙂