I am so excited to share these with you. These aren’t technically cookies, but more like one huge cookie that you slice into cookie bars. I think this might be my favorite out of all of my cookie recipes! I love chocolate chip cookies and these are not only healthy, but easy to make and delicious too. I am in heaven. Check them out…
I love my slow cooker so much and never thought to make a gigantic cookie in it before! Until now. The consistency was perfect and all the ingredients are healthy. What’s not to love?
- Grease bottom and sides of slow cooker with coconut oil. Cut a piece of parchment paper or wax paper to fit the bottom of slow cooker. Grease the parchment paper too.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips until combined.
- Spread cookie dough into slow cooker insert and smooth the top.
- Cook on low for 2½- 3 hours until center is set and toothpick comes out clean when placed in the center. Mine was perfectly done after around 2 hours 40 minutes but all slow cooker times may vary.
- When finished, take insert out of slow cooker and let cool for half hour. Take parchment paper with the cookie dough out of inset and allow to cool on wire rack for another 30 minutes. When completely cooled, cut into bars. Serve immediately or store in airtight container for 3-5 days.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
These are a healthier version or your typical oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. These are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and flour less. These are my kind of treat. They aren’t calorie free but they are made with whole ingredients. No junk in these babies!
One word of caution… being that it is actually one enormous cookie, slice them into individual bars right when they are finished cooling. Or you may end up eating the whole gigantic cookie. In one sitting. It’s just a hunch.
Serving Size 44 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15.2g 23%
Saturated Fat 10.5g52%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 17.6g6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3g13%
*Nutrition Information from caloriecount.com and not 100% guaranteed accurate
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Come back and let me know~