This was so amazing and filling I just had to share it with you! This dish has a beautiful presentation and looks difficult, but its very easy. The quinoa and black beans add protein so even the biggest carnivores won't miss the meat 🙂
Spaghetti squash has such a wonderful, crunchy texture. I love to add it to my fall dishes. And how pretty does this look? Healthy, nutritious and pretty, I'm sold!
Vegan Quinoa& Black Bean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash cleaned
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can BPA free black beans
- 1 can BPA free tomatoes I used tomatoes with jalapenos, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pierce spaghetti squash with fork or knife several times. Place on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, place vegetable broth into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, cumin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Remove squash .from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- With a fork, shred inside of squash into noodles and place in same saucepan with quinoa mixture. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Add quinoa mixture to empty squash shell. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
**Remember if you add the cheese then it's no longer vegan 🙂 Cheese is OPTIONAL
I really hope you enjoy this as much as we did! I LOVE FALL!