This Cappuccino Chia pudding is made with just 4 ingredients plus your favorite sweetener of choice so it's not only dairy free, but sugar-free , gluten free, low carb and easy as well!
If you've never enjoyed chia seeds, now's the time to try them out! If you're a coffee lover this will be a luscious, satisfying dessert that provides a little boost in your day. It has no added sugar so it won't leave you crashing from a sugar rush like many other afternoon snacks can tend to do.
I first met Lauren a couple of years ago in Miami at Blogher Food. We had such a fun time because we instantly hit it off, like we'd known each other for years!
Even with us both living in different states and being busy with our kids, we usually just pick up where we left off the last time we were able to chat. Isn't it wonderful to have friends like that?
When I heard she was in the hospital I was anxious to help. Our friend Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food beat me to it first and organized a guest post schedule and I'm happy to be helping in some way.
Lauren and I both share healthy family friendly recipes, but my blog, Sugar-Free Mom, focuses on the added sugars and processed sugars in recipes. You will find many vegan recipes, gluten free, vegetarian and low carb recipes on my site as well. Hope you enjoy this creamy chia pudding!
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee decaf or regular, chilled
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- ½ tsp coffee extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sweetener or choice I use vanilla liquid stevia and needed just ¼ tsp Maple syrup or honey would also work
- optional toppings: dairy free whipped cream
- Stir ingredients together and taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
- Allow to sit for a couple of minutes then evenly pour into two serving glasses.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Top with optional toppings if desired. Enjoy!