These simple appetizers can be easily made ahead and are so delicious they practically melt in your mouth!
The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming!
That’s how I have been feeling this past week once I realized that Thanksgiving is just a few days away. How does that happen? When did my life become so busy that I didn’t even realize that?
It’s all good, though. I love the holidays and I am ecstatic that they are approaching. I just wish time would slooooooooow down, just a bit.
So if you are like me and Thanksgiving totally snuck up on you, I bet you have no idea what you are making either. These little bites are perfect for you because you can prepare them ahead of time. As most of you know I am all about simplifying (especially when I am a little stressed) so these apps are just what I needed to calm me down a bit. Just a tiny bit.
The filling takes about 20 minutes to prepare and I just mixed it together in a bowl the night before and refrigerated it until I was ready to scoop in to the phyllo.
Side note: If you are lucky enough to get some of the filling left over, it makes a super delicious lunch. It is incredible just the way it is, over a bed of green salad or in a wrap. It’s phenomenal.
(This picture was taken before I added the artichokes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare quinoa with vegetable broth according to the package.
- Once the quinoa is finished cooking, pour into a medium bowl.
- Add spinach, artichokes, garlic, onion, salt and feta cheese. Mix well.
- If preparing right away, scoop by spoonfuls into phyllo cups.
- If not, place in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to prepare.
- Place in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Here are some more delicious, easy, healthy appetizer recipes you might like:
I hope you love these as much as I do! Happy Thanksgiving!