This is one of my favorite side dishes. It’s quick and easy, healthy and goes with just about any entree. It’s light, super flavorful and the looks pretty fancy 🙂
My kids don’t love it too lemony, so sometimes I only zest one lemon. Personally for me, the more lemon the better. The toasted pine nuts add a great crunchy texture. Jeez, whenever I make this I always remember how much I LOVE pine nuts. Especially toasted pine nuts. But I digress….
Ok, now on to the recipe. Check out how EASY this is….
1 box of orzo
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
2 lemons, zested
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook orzo in salted water according to package.
- Drain well. Do not run under water.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and grapeseed oil.
- Transfer orzo to serving bowl, add garlic, drizzle with oil and lemon juice and season with salt & pepper.
- Add lemon zest, pine nuts and parsley and toss. Top with parmesan cheese if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 39
Total Fat 4.4g
Total Carbohydrates 35.8g
Dietary Fiber 1.9g
*Nutritional information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not 100% guaranteed accurate