This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This is one of my favorite side dishes. It’s quick and easy, healthy and goes with just about any entree. It’s light, super flavorful and the looks pretty fancy 🙂
My kids don’t love it too lemony, so sometimes I only zest one lemon. Personally for me, the more lemon the better. The toasted pine nuts add a great crunchy texture. Jeez, whenever I make this I always remember how much I LOVE pine nuts. Especially toasted pine nuts. But I digress….
Ok, now on to the recipe. Check out how EASY this is….
1 box of orzo
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
2 lemons, zested
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook orzo in salted water according to package.
- Drain well. Do not run under water.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and grapeseed oil.
- Transfer orzo to serving bowl, add garlic, drizzle with oil and lemon juice and season with salt & pepper.
- Add lemon zest, pine nuts and parsley and toss. Top with parmesan cheese if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 39
Total Fat 4.4g
Total Carbohydrates 35.8g
Dietary Fiber 1.9g
*Nutritional information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not 100% guaranteed accurate