Slightly sweet, crunchy and delicious, your whole family will love these simple to make, no-bake bars. Just make sure you save some for the kids!
Disclaimer: I was compensated by Cascadian Farms to create these recipe. However, like always, the opinions are entirely my own. Promise 🙂
As a busy mom of three boys that eat ALOT, I am always looking for new breakfast ideas that all of them will like and aren’t overloaded with sugar. Why are so many of the breakfast cereals basically disguised boxes of sugars and preservatives?
And of course those are the ones my kids actually want to eat. I can’t buy my kids blue, orange and green cereal on a daily basis.
I know that the artificial colors in there do more harm than good and I want them to have a healthy nutritious breakfast before they spend a long day at school.
You can imagine how excited I was when Cascadian Farm sent me their new gluten-free cereal, Berry Vanilla Puffs! It has less sugar than many others out there and the blue puffs are actually made from organic BLUE CORN.
I love that so much. And I can feel good about giving it to my kids.
Everyone in the Kelly house likes to eat. We like food.
This box of cereal didn’t stand a chance because it’s THAT good. It’s lightly sweet and crunchy.
I made a bunch of individual plastic bags of snack mix with the Berry Vanilla Puffs, dried cranberries and gogi berries, pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and sliced almonds.
That was my kids’ snack for a few days at school. It’s and healthy and everyone loved it.
Since my kids and I are big fans of granola bars and no bake bars for snacks as well, I decided to have a little fun with these puffs. And look how pretty the colors are (no artificial colors of course! 😉 )
I like to keep these bars in the freezer because I love the convenience of just puling them out when I need them. The beauty of this is that you can eat them straight from the freezer.
I love that because they won’t get bad and they will always stay fresh. And we can tell the kids they are having a frozen treat.
Like Berry Vanilla Puffs Cereal, these bars are gluten free too for those with allergies. These are simple to make, healthy and delicious.
The best part is how how healthy these are too. And who doesn’t love a no bake bar?
I like to make a double batch of these bars on Sundays to have for snacks for the week and even a few days later. Again, just keep them the fridge and pull them out when you are ready.
- Bottom layer:
- 1 1/2 cup thawed Cascadian Farms Frozen Harvest Berries
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- Top Layer:
- 3 cups Cascadian Farms Berry Vanilla Puffs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup dried wild blueberries
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare the bottom layer by pureeing the frozen fruit.
- In a medium size bowl, mix pureed berries, almond flour, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking pan. Smooth top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Prepare the top layer by mixing Berry Vanilla Puffs, peanut butter, honey and dried blueberries together.
- Spread on top of the bottom layer. Place in freezer to set. Remove after 30 minutes and slice into 9 bars.
- Place back into freezer until ready to eat. Using a spatula or butter knife, remove from pan. Serve immediately or allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.
I told you that were easy!
And they are packed with antioxidants, fiber and unrefined sugars. You can feel great about giving your kids these bars in their lunch boxes!
I pack them frozen in my kids’ lunch boxes and they are defrosted and ready to eat by lunch time. Perfect!
Great news, Cascadian Farms wants you to try their brand new Berry Vanilla Puffs Cereal! We are giving away this awesome prize (below) to one lucky winner! U.S Residents only please.
The giveaway is over. Thank you to everyone that participated.
If you made these bars or any of my other recipes, please feel free to come back and let me know. You guys know that I love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by and please come back again soon!