If you are looking for a quick, dinner idea that looks fancy, allow me to introduce you to my Prosciutto Fig Quesadillas…
My family loves prosciutto, which is a thin sliced Italian ham. It’s so easy to use in salads or sandwiches, so why not quesadillas? Quesadillas are one of my easy go-to dinners on hectic nights (which seem to every night these days!) I was trying to think of new creative ideas for quesadillas that no one would complain about and that might seem like something new. Well it worked. These were a huge success.
I know I have
complained said this before but summer is so difficult to get anything done. My kids all play baseball every night and are here during the day. All. Day. Long. Funny thing is that as I am typing this, two of them literally got into a wrestling match and landed on top of my lap top. The oldest one stood there and smiled. Sigh…
I know I have to soak these days in because they won’t be this young forever, but some days I feel like I am losing my mind. And my sanity. And any brain cells I may or may not have had before. But they are so sweet (when they want to be) and for the most part, I really enjoy this time with them. It’s just hard to get any work done. And that’s ok. Recipes can wait until the fall but these baseball games can’t. I have to keep reminding myself, they won’t be this young forever…
Anyway, back to these awesome quesadillas…
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 6 pieces prosciutto
- 6 fresh figs, sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 6 tortillas, I used 6 inch whole grain
- Mix the arugula, garlic and onions in a large skillet over medium heat until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Mix well.
- Place tortillas on skillet or griddle prepared with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Place arugula mixture on half of the tortilla and top with 1 piece of prosciutto and chopped figs.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown, making sure to flip over to cook evenly.
- Remove from heat and slice in half. Serve immediately.
I hope you like these and hope that you are enjoying your summer!