You seriously need to make this salad. It’s healthy, simple to prepare and delicious.
I don’t do this often, but I promise, you will LOVE this salad. It might sound weird with blueberries and vegetables, but it’s AMAZING! Between the fresh basil and the raspberry vinaigrette, it’s the perfect combination of flavors. Oh and it’s super healthy too. I’m telling you, MAKE THIS!
I love the crunchy, nutty texture of farro. It is a whole grain and is packed with protein and fiber. It is made from wheat so it is not gluten-free. If you are looking for a salad that doesn’t contain gluten, maybe try substituting faro with brown rice, amaranth or quinoa.
I don’t even usually like feta cheese and I loved it in this salad. Oh and it’s also so pretty so it’s perfect to bring to barbecues! By the way, I won’t be offended if you don’t feel like making the dressing (even though it’s ridiculously easy) and want to use a bottle dressing. Just make sure you read the ingredients and look for hidden sugars and preservatives. Look for one that’s preferably organic and has a small amount of ingredients.
- 8 ounces farro cooked
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes sliced in half (I used yellow)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the cooked faro with all of the ingredients for the salad.
- To prepare the dressing, add raspberries, honey, vinegar and garlic to food processor or blender.
- Slowly add oil and salt and stir or shake well.
- Add dressing to salad and mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. (I like to leave a little extra dressing to toss into salad right before serving).
I hope you love this as much as I did! I love adding fruits to my salads. What’s your favorite fruit to add to a salad? It’s one of the best parts of summer!