Your banana bread just got a whole lot tastier! Fresh raspberries add a wonderful sweetness to an already delicious, classic bread. The best part, it's gluten-free but still moist with a wonderful texture.
Give me aaaaalllllll the berries.
I don't discriminate, I love all berries, especially in the summer.
But I do buy berries all year long, especially for my boys. They love them so I buy them knowing they are eating something healthy and packed with antioxidants.
Berries this time of year are amazing. And if you are lucky enough to go berry picking, you will have a whole bunch extra laying around.
Why not make this bread?
I promise you will not be disappointed. Yes, it's that good.
And the texture is so light you won't even now it's gluten free.
While I was writing The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook, I realized just how difficult it can be to bake gluten-free.
I have these delicious scones that I created for the cookbook and I had to make them 8 TIMES to get them perfect. 8 TIMES!!
I honestly thought I was going to bang my head against the wall. Ok, maybe I actually did.
Bu it was so frustrating. Baking with gluten free flours can be so frustrating because it is not always easy getting he texture to be similar to regular breads or whatever baked good you are making.
Yes, I was about to lose my mind, but once I got them juuuuust right, they were ridiculously, insanely delicious. So, the moral of the story is, while baking gluten-free can be frustrating, once you perfect the recipe, you won't even believe that you are eating gluten-free!
This scrumptious bread is a perfect example of that!
And yes, when I do create recipes for you guys I do keep making them over and over again until they come out perfect and exactly how I want them. I am not going to share a recipe that is just fine.
I only share delicious recipes that I feel good about. And this Gluten Free Raspberry Banana bread is a perfect example of just that.
- 1 ⁄4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 ⁄3 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana approximately 3 large bananas
- 1 ⁄2 cup raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix until combined.
- Stir in yogurt, water, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flax seed, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add this mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the bananas and mix well. Add raspberries and stir to combine.
- Bake 50–55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 2 minutes, then turn out and cool completely.
The more berries THE BETTER!
I have made this many times using blueberries, strawberries, a combination of mixed berries and cranberries! The cranberry version was so pretty and festive for the holidays.
But you get the idea, you can easily customize this bread to whatever you'd like and whatever you have in the house.