This recipe was originally from my first cookbook, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook on page 123 under “Orange Ginger Salmon”. I don’t eat salmon so I thought I’d mix it up and make it with chicken. I am SO happy I did because it was fantastic. I had to alter the instructions a bit because chicken cooks differently than salmon but it was still ridiculously simple.
Orange Ginger Chicken
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Pour into resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken breasts and shake to combine. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Put chicken into non-stick baking dish and pour remaining marinade on top and place into preheated oven. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken breast) until no longer pink inside and cooked through. Serve immediately.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do! If you like this, I bet you will like the other 299 recipes in my book :). You can find it in all major bookstores like Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Oh, and since we talking about cookbooks (great segway) I have a NEW cookbook coming out very soon! The Greek Yogurt Cookbook is releasing this November and is available for pre-sale now. I can’t even tell you how insanely excited I am for this book to come out!!
Thanks for stopping by!