All of the best fall flavors baked in a delicious, nutritious, cheesy flatbread pizza.
Whoa, guys…this is a game changer.
First off, this is so ridiculously easy to make.
Mainly because I bought 100% whole wheat naan flatbread at Whole Foods. Sure, go ahead make your pizza dough if you’d like. Knead to Cook has a great whole wheat naan recipe. I make homemade pizzas every Friday night for my family. Sometimes I make my own dough using this recipe from King Arthur Flour and sometimes I buy my dough at Trader Joe’s, a pizza restaurant or a grocery store. Other times, I but naan flatbread and BAM!
Easy, Simple. Delicious.
I mean, come on people….this pizza has caramelized onions, cranberries and creamy burrata cheese!!
What are your thoughts on burrata cheese?
Me? I don’t love creamy cheeses, but to be honest, this tasted like a creamier mozzarella so I dug it.
Side note: I learned that burrata IS simply mozzarella and cream, so there you go.
And there’s butternut squash and mushrooms in there too, so it’s healthy, right?
And sage…..oh the sage….
So would my kids eat this on Pizza Friday? Probably not. And that’s ok, you know why?
More. For. Me.
- 2 medium 100% whole wheat naan flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon olive oill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces burrata cheese, sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until onions soften and become translucent.
- Stir well and cook for another 10-15 minutes until onions turn light brown.
- While onions are cooking, place butternut squash in oven and roast for 15 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Top flatbreads with roasted butternut squash, mushrooms and caramelized onions.
- Add burrata cheese all over the flatbread.
- Top with cranberries and sage.
- Place back into oven for 5-10 minutes until flatbread gets crispy on the bottom.
Here are some other delicious pizza recipes…
I hope you enjoy this as such as I did! I now call today Pizza Thursday! Who’s in?